What is ISO45001
ISO45001 is the world’s foremost recognised health and safety management model.
Who uses ISO45001?
ISO45001 is applicable to all organisations from service to manufacturing and from micro-organisations to large multi-nationals. In fact, any organisation which is seeking to reduce its health and safety risk, reduce accidents, reduce ill-health and assure its customers that it fully complies with all H&S legislation can benefit from implementing a certified management system.
Why implement ISO45001?
Implementing a certified OHS (occupational health and safety) management system provides a range of benefits including:
- assurance to external stakeholders such as customers, the community and regulators
- potential savings in the cost of lost time due to accidents and ill health
- increased competitiveness among industry rivals
- meets the requirements for public and private tenders
- reduced potential for health and safety liability and fines
- helps ensure health and safety compliance
- improved employee motivation through the provision of a safe work place
Is it compatible with other standards?
ISO45001 is based on a structure called Annex SL and is fully compatible with ISO9001 (quality management) and ISO14001 (environmental). What this means is that 3 systems can be seamlessly implemented together into a single integrated management system. Similarly, ISO9001 or ISO14001 can be easily integrated into an existing ISO45001 OHS management system.