Intruder Alarm

The required documents required by the Private Security Authority for the licensing of contractors in the Intruder Alarm installation sector are EN50131 – 1 & EN50131 – 7 along with SR40:2005.

An Installer of Security Equipment (installation and maintenance of intruder alarm) license is required where a contractor installs, maintains, repairs or services security equipment that consists of electronic or other devices which warn of an unauthorised presence or of entry or attempted entry on or in the vicinity of the premises where such equipment is situated.